Friday 13 April 2012

LOTV Challenge - TRANSPORT

Hi guys,

I'm back with an offering for the LOTV challenge, which this week is, TRANSPORT. So here's a card I made for my Buster-boo's 5th birthday which was on Easter Saturday.

I was so proud of this card as it was my first ever attempt at doing a cloudy sky, I think it turned out quite well. OK so here's the how to;
I started with an 8 x 8 card base. I matted a piece of cloud designer paper (from American Crafts I think) onto a piece of blue mirri card (a pack from QVC and a bargain at only £10). Next I arranged card stock stickers (from Echo Park Little Boy Collection) down the side and along the bottom.


Next I took a 6 x 6 square paper super smooth white paper and a cloud template, the fabulous Bev Rochester has one on her wonderful blog HERE along with a great video tutorial. I took Tumbled Glass Distress and an Ink duster Blending Brush from Inkylicious and set about making my paper cloudy. I expected to have to have a few practise goes at it but the first try came out great, I was very surprised at how easy it was to do.


I then got out my Grand Calibur to start die cutting and because of its nice large cutting plate I could do everything at once. I used Marianne Design Creatables Tree, Fence Set and Grass Set Dies (which are available at crafts u love), I had to cut 2 of the fence, grass and the tree but for this I did 1 in green and 1 in brown and yes I did sit and cut all those little leaves off so the tree would green leaves, and yes, I think I must be crazy.. lol. I used Coredinations White Wash for the fence which I think looked great once it was sanded back. I also used Coredinations for the grass, I used 2 different greens which I tore for more texture. I then laid all the bits out and played around with placement before finally sticking the torn grass and tree down with Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue, one of the best paper glues around I think. The fence was raised up on 1mm foam tape with the die-cut grass stuck to its bottom edge, which was then stick down flat long the very edge, to create a sloped effect.


The cute little chap is from one of the lili of the valley die cut sheets which I cut out and then applied Glossy Accents to his bike to make it look shiny. I let this dry before mounting it on foam tape and positioning it on the backdrop. This whole panel was then matted onto some green mirri and placed on the main card.


Buster-boo was very pleased with his card and with the huge heap of presents too.
Thanks for popping by today and if you have any comments, good or bad, please feel free to leave it.

Love and hugs

Dawn x







1 comment:

Kara Lynne said...

Thanks for the link to Bev's tutorial. Absolutely clever card! I love a great scene!