Tuesday 21 August 2012

Summer holidays and Inspirations..


Hi there, as I write this I am sat in the sun, having a fab holiday, we even ventured to the beach yesterday. It was so wonderful watching my little man playing in the waves, although I really miss my girls. But I guess I have to get use to the fact that they are to old to want to holiday with the 'rents now, although I have a feeling if I was to offer them to go to the Caribbean with us they would take up the offer, lol..

Anyhoo on to my card, this one I made as a thank you for my parents for the loan of their caravan for this wonderful holiday. And this digi from Krista Smith over at Saturated Canary was perfect.

I started with an 8x8 card blank I then matted a piece of American Crafts patterned paper (not sure of the collection) on to pink card stock. The scene was matted and layered onto kraft card then pink card stock, it was then lifted up on some 2mm foam pads. I finished of with a big bow tied from sheer wrinkled edge ribbon which I got from my last workshop with Leonie Pujol. I then made a little tag and stamp my sentiment from the Handwritten Phrases set from Lili of the valley. 


For background scene I created, I started by taking a 6x6 piece of IndigoBlu Perfect Stamping Card and created a summer sky using using Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks, an ink duster from Inkylicious, and my trusty cloud template, the grass was done in a similar way but instead of circular motions I used flicking motions, I used a mixture of green distress inks.


The tree stamps are Pilkington Woods from Stamps Away, I love these stamps because the trunk and branches are separate from the leaves, so you can use a myriad of different colours.The fence is a Marianne Design Creatables die which has been cut from kraft card then inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink. The rose's are 10mm roses from Wild Orchid Crafts which have been glittered with Stickles.

The cute little image is a digi from Saturated Canary and she is called Winnie. I have coloured her up using Copics and added some Glossy Accents to the windows (but its kinda hard to see in the pic's) then mounted her up on 2mm foam pads.


Do you like my new watermark on my photo's, I got it from Janet over at Pink Gem Designs. I think its real cute and so cheap too.

Hope you all have a great week, wherever you are, whatever you are doing.
Love and hugs

Dawn.W

*******************************
The challenges I would like to enter this card into are:

 Copic Marker Europe Challenge - A Summer Card

and Saturated Canary Challenge #23 - Photo Inspiration.

*******************************



2 comments:

Kreativmonster said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for joining our challenge at the Copic Marker Europe Blog!
Big Hugs
Barbara

Anniebee said...

Oh, Dawn! This is such a fab card! What imagination to create such a detailed scene with your background and of course, I love the image! I'm sure your parents loved it as well. Thanks so much for joining us at Saturated Canary.

Anne xx